Friday, February 3, 2012

AM Part I - Basic Foundations

Alright, I'm going to take you through my entire Animation Mentor experience one blog post at a time, starting at the beginning.

Class 1 was called Basic Foundations and my mentor was Mark Pudleiner. It was his job to supply us with a solid foundation from which everything would be built. First task, make quick gesture drawings of people around you. What was the point of this? To capture motion and emotion through body posture. We were then given a basic character model called Stu to which we used to match the drawing. This served a dual purpose; to introduce us to a CG character model while also teaching us the basics of posing (such as weight, balance, clear silhouettes, extremes, twinning, etc.).

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

          EXHAUSTION

Exhaustion Capture

Exhaustion Sketches


          DEVASTATION

Devastation Capture

Devastation Sketches


          STRENGTH

Strength Capture

Strength Sketches

This was a weekly assignment, with each week trying to capture a different expression. As you can tell, I really need to work on anatomy.

Coming up: Bouncing Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment